Saturday 31 May 2014

32) Meet someone I admire who's sort of famous

Whilst having breakfast at the airport before flying to Barcelona, my mum and I were discussing things filmed in Bristol, and the chance of meeting actors/actresses from these things. The main one was Casualty- until it's relocation to Cardiff, it was filmed in Bristol throughout my whole life. It seems like almost everyone has a story to tell about meeting someone who worked on it; for example, my mum sat next to two of the actors on her wedding day. However, I haven't ever ever met any of them, even when we went to the studios in Cardiff!
Ten minutes later, we were in a shop when I heard a familiar voice behind me, I turned around to see it was no-one I recognised- then, something clicked, as I realised it was Sunetra Sarker, who plays Zoe in Casualty. After some deliberation, I asked her for an autograph. I felt really really bad for disturbing her in her personal life, especially as she was with her son. However, for someone who tunes into the program very religiously, it kinda had to be done. Despite being in an obvious rush, Sunetra was lovely, and I am thrilled that I got that chance opportunity!!