Saturday 21 December 2013

27) Do things that scare me

2013 has been a hellishly scary year. I went to Gambia (first 'big trip' without any family members!), shaved my hair off, did my GCSE exams, went to Bosnia, and made the transition between secondary school and sixth form. Those are all, by themselves, fairly scary. However, that doesn't even begin to include the more minor things- things like performing, making new friends, making decisions... Heck, just living, just being me is scary enough. And it does get too much, and sometimes I will get 'too scared' and opt out of things... But, most of the time, I go for it and surprise myself. Some of the best things that have happened this year have started out as things that scared me, things I wasn't sure about- things that, now, I am so so glad I went through with. I think I've completed this one.