Friday 20 December 2013

10) Properly sort out bedroom

I've finally done this one! There are still a few bits to complete, and it needs constant readjusting etc., but I've finally got a room I'm happy with, and actually enjoy spending time in :) It's definitely become my perfect little sanctuary- my description is 'it's a bit like me, in room form...'- scary stuff! Feel free to take the tour ;)

My doorway- I got this 'divider' in Holland, and I love it.
This is (roughly) the view from my doorway. As you can see, it's a bit haphazard, but I like it!
 This is the wall directly on the left as you enter my room; I've filled it with various quotes (one each from Goo Goo Dolls/Amy Macdonald/Train and The Fault In Our Stars, as well as J.M.Barrie on the blue strip near the top), my Grade 5 piano certificate (a reminder that though I may think I've failed, to always hope!), a collage made out of pictures and song lyrics and a picture frame with prom/last day pics, and postcards from Harry Potter Studios, Amsterdam and Washington DC!
 
I'm going to continue going round my room in a clockwise direction, so here are my shelves, and, currently, my Christmas tree. It is very OTT and very fabulous.
Next up is my desk, which tends to be fairly messy! However, it's a nice place to work, and I've arranged everything I might need within reaching distance!
 A close up of the wall of my desk area- I've got fairy lights along the top, then bits and pieces that make me happy (African drum, Love/Star decoration, Deathly Hallows and Alexa Chung!), as well as somewhere to pin up reminders etc.
This is the area next to my desk space, which houses my bookshelf and a nice place to cuddle up! My dog often uses this as her bed :)
Above the desk/cosy area is my bed, which is permanently messy and doesn't deserve to be photographed! However, I do like the walls around it- this is the piece of wall behind my pillow, which I've written a long, spontaneous quote on. You begin to see why marker pens and I aren't a good combination!
To the side of the written on wall, I have a painted butterfly- links to The Butterfly Project- and various pictures that I like, as well as my beautiful dreamcatcher.
 Moving along, I have another collage, with my own quote, and a collection of my favourite pictures, most of them linked to really happy memories :)
 Finally I have a collection of recovery things, and a corkboard with some of my favourite pin-able things! Above that is a quote from When God Was A Rabbit that I've blogged about before. On the right (other side to the corkboard), you can also see my 'star jar'- I get a star for every day I don't self-harm, and I'm trying to fill the whole thing up! :)
 Going back to 'ground level', I have a currently blank stretch of wall, and a window full of candles and little things that are important to me! I really love this windowsill!
 Above the window is a dangly thing that has guitars on it, and a quote from Chasing The Sun (Sara Bareilles) that I use as a recovery reminder.
On the other side of the window is my chest of drawers, which is covered in postcards! It also houses various quotes and bits and pieces :) The pink one on the left side is an adaptation of one of my absolute favourite quotes ever, by A.A.Milne: 'you are braver than than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you have ever imagined'.
 The wall on which the chest of drawers is situated is... well, I think it's beautiful! The quote in the centre is from Elsewhere, by the fabulously talented Gabrielle Zevin. The things surrounding it are a collection of pictures/tickets/postcards/random things, all of which make me smile!!
Finally, this is where I spend most of my time- curled up by my radiator :) Hence why my docking station is there, as well as my blue bag of 'everyday essentials'.
 

That's it, folks! Hope you've enjoyed the tour of my room! :)