Thursday 19 September 2013

Number 44: Become Better At Public Speaking

I posted last week about having spoken at my school Open Evening. This was something that really terrified me- which was one of the reasons I wanted to do it so much. The first couple of times were nerve-wracking, but with 8 speeches to do over the course of the night, I soon started enjoying myself! I was told that I did really well, and I feel really proud of myself for doing it; I finished my speech by saying that in Year 7 I would never ever have thought that I'd do anything like that, and it was 100% true. For me, doing that speech was a perfect way of reminding myself just how much I've changed over the five years. With that, and the announcing, I think I've definitely got a lot better at public speaking, which I am so pleased about ^.^